Staff Auditor Job Description
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 in the major course work is strongly desired.
Major Job Duties
Entry level staff auditor is responsible for performing various procedures for financial and compliance audits and reviews. These duties include:
- Performs specific audit procedures or tasks as assigned by the in-charge auditor
- Writes narratives and conclusions based on the findings derived from the audit procedures
- Conducts interviews with client personnel and performs walk-throughs to assist in the evaluation of internal controls
- Obtains prior year working papers, reports, and other documents and materials that are necessary for field work
- Organizes working papers to be used in writing the final audit or review report
- Assists in preparing final drafts of audit and review reports.
The opportunity for advancement is limited only by an individual's ability and desire.
We offer the following:
- Promotions based on merit;
- Professional development under experienced supervision;
- Extensive career development program; and
- Exposure to many facets of state government.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salaries for the entry level Staff Auditor position are competitive with salaries for similar positions in the private sector. Other benefits include:
- Twelve paid holidays annually;
- Three weeks of vacation and three weeks of sick leave annually; and
- A full range of benefits, including retirement plans, health and life insurance, deferred compensation and flexible benefits program.
Applications and Inquiries:
To apply for a position with the Education Audit Division email or mail a cover letter, unofficial transcript and resume to:
Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
270 Washington Street, S.W., Room 1-156
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-8400
Resumes are accepted at all times
Equal Opportunity Employer