The State Government Division
primarily performs audits and other procedures over state agencies, commissions, authorities, and other entities, as necessary, for issuance of several statewide financial and compliance reports. Located at the State Capitol complex, in the heart of Atlanta, the State Government Division employs a mix of entry level and experienced personnel with undergraduate and graduate degrees. Current staff members hold a variety of certifications including Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM), among others.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting is required. A minimum GPA of 3.0 or greater for recent graduates is strongly desired. All applicants should be able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, ability to learn quickly, ability to work independently or in a team environment, and ability to communicate effectively and write proficiently.
Major Job Duties:
An entry level staff auditor is responsible for performing various procedures for financial and compliance audits and reviews. These duties include:
- Perform specific audit procedures or tasks as assigned by the in-charge auditor;
- Write narratives and conclusions based on the findings derived from the audit procedures;
- Conduct interviews with client personnel and perform walk-throughs to assist in the evaluation of internal controls;
- Obtain prior year audit documentation, reports, and other documents and materials that are necessary for field work;
- Organize audit documentation to be used in writing the final audit or review report; and
- Assist in preparing final drafts of audit and review reports.
The opportunity for advancement is limited only by an individual's ability and desire.
We offer the following:
- Promotions based on merit;
- Professional development under experienced supervision;
- Extensive career development program; and
- Exposure to many facets of state government.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salaries for the entry level Staff Auditor position are competitive with salaries for similar positions in the private sector.
Other benefits include:
- Twelve paid holidays annually;
- Three weeks of vacation and three weeks of sick leave annually; and
- A full range of benefits, including retirement plans, health and life insurance, deferred compensation and flexible benefits program.
Resumes are accepted at all times. To find out more about working for the State Government Division within the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts, email or mail a cover letter and resume to:
Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts
State Government Division
270 Washington Street, S.W., Room 1-156
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-8400